Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Week two: Meal plan

After an inventory of leftovers etc.  I came up with the following list of dinner meals for the week.

1.  Spaghetti & Meatballs - Meatballs are pre-made in the freezer, and I use sauce from a jar, so this is super quick and easy.

2.  Cheese Enchilada Stack  - This is becoming a staple in our house.  I think I make it almost once a week.  Everyone likes it, and leftovers pack well for reheating at lunch. I add shredded chicken to the recipe. It's hard to get my kids to eat enough protein, and this is something they will eat. I also make a double or triple batch of the enchilada sauce and freeze it, so this is super quick to prepare in the morning before I leave for work.

3. Apricot Chicken  - This will be a new recipe for me.  It sounds good though.  I'll let you know...

4.  Burgers and Beef Brats on the grill - I found a local farm (http://www.farmdirectblackangus.com/ )with grass fed cows that makes good beef brats, so I picked up some brats and ground beef at the farmer's market.

5.  Tatertot casserole - This one is just easy to make ahead and ask mom to throw in the oven, so it's ready to eat when we get home from work.

6.  Tacos / taco salad - uses up left over tortillas, & sour cream from the enchilada bake.  I bought dried pinto beans and will attempt to make my own refried beans this week.

7. Pizza - This will probably be ordered in...

Other stuff to make this week:
1.  Shredded chicken and chicken broth from the chicken legs and thighs that were on sale, as ingredients for future meals.

2. Clean out the Pantry Minestrone - This will use up all the extra veggies and give Meg something for breakfast that doesn't come out of a can...  I'll freeze it in individual servings and heat them up as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment